Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Feeling Comfortable


Image credit: parisabasir@wordpress.com

When I get home from work, I put my hair up, wash my face, and put on either cozy sweatpants and a t-shirt, or skip the middle stage and go straight to putting on my pajamas. Unfortunately, wearing my pj's to work is not an option for me. I do, however, always wear comfortable clothes. Why wouldn't I?

My Wardrobe Wisdom clients often ask me how they can look professional and still be comfortable. Yes, it takes some effort to find clothes and shoes that feel good and look good, but this is not an impossible or insurmountable task.

Think about what you feel good in (besides sweats and pj's). Maybe you feel best in jeans and tops; or maybe you like wearing skirts and sweaters; or do you feel best in a classic suit and pumps? My favorite way to dress is in jeans and a white or gray knit top and fun accessories, or a dress and wedges, sandals or boots. I'm lucky that this attire is appropriate for my job. I do not dread getting dressed because my clothes or not too tight or sloppy looking. After years of searching for shoes I can wear all day, I know what to purchase and which shoes to avoid.

So give some thought to what clothes you feel good in. If you don't feel good in any of your "house" clothes, it's time to do some thoughtful shopping.

No comments: