Friday, September 4, 2015

Ready for Flares

Image credit: www.pinstopin.com

For years we have been hearing that the skinny jean style cannot last. Yet this style has had remarkable staying power! Even women who have been reluctant to try skinny jeans (like my mom), are giving them a go. Naturally, just when women are accepting skinny jeans, comes the arrival of flares.

These wide legged jeans bring back sad memories for me. As a curvy elementary school kid, neither Dittos nor Luv-It jeans fit me. I saw all my friends looking so great in their flared pants, and I had to settle for just looking okay in my not-so fashionable ones. Since I am petite, I never thought flares would really be flattering on me anyway (sour grapes?)

But I am slowly getting used to the idea that I might want to introduce a pair of flared jeans into my wardrobe. I plan to follow the always excellent advice of Clinton Kelly to learn how to wear them well. Looking at the vintage ad above, maybe I did not miss out on much with flares the first time around.

No comments: