Saturday, September 19, 2015

Cintra Wilson



Photo credit: goodreads.com

Somehow I am only now becoming acquainted with fashion observer, writer, and critical commentator Cintra Wilson. Now that I know about her, I am eager to read all of her books, especially her new one: Fear and Clothing. Here is part of a review of the book which made me want to read it right away:

Acting as a kind of fashion anthropologist, she documents and decodes the sartorial sensibilities of Americans across the country. Our fashion choices, she argues, contain a riot of visual cues that tell everyone instantly who we are, where we came from, where we feel we belong, what we want, where we are going, and how we expect to be treated when we get there.

I agree with her 100%: What we wear matters. 


No comments: