Monday, April 20, 2015

Ten Thousand Villages



I am really stretching out my big birthday celebration this year which is just fine with me. A close friend gave me this beautiful necklace (above) over the weekend and told me where she got it: Ten Thousand Villages. Have you heard of this store and website? I learned that "From humble beginnings, Ten Thousand Villages has grown to a global network of social entrepreneurs working to empower and provide economic opportunities to artisans in developing countries." Ten Thousand Villages  was new to me, and I am so happy to spread the word about it. Before you consider making a gift purchase online or purchasing a decorative item for your home, check out the beautiful and unique items on its website. And look there for a store near you. Sadly, we do not have one in Santa Barbara.

No comments: