Monday, April 13, 2015

Athleisure & Impressionist Clothes

P
 Photo credit: npr.org

Yeah, I had to look at the word "athleisure" a few times, as well as listening to it being pronounced, before I could say it with a straight face. Athleisure is when gym and exercise clothing morph into casual/leisure wear. Think yoga pants and the wild success of Lululemon. I caught a great story on NPR the other morning about sweatpants and how they are being marketed nowadays for men (to the tune of $195!!!!!). Go here to read and/or listen to the story. I love this last part of the piece:

"As for me, I wore those Bonobos sweats to work one day. My colleague Travis Larchuk said of my look, 'It's like Monet clothes. From far away you look like a put-together person. But then close up, you can you can see that you're really schlubbing it up at work.'"

No comments: