Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Local Color


Image Credit: sbluggage.com

Was it a good idea to stow my heavy purse in my already heavily loaded tote bag today? No, it was not. One leather strap popped off so I had to carry it awkwardly from the bottom to and from my office. Years ago, the family-run Santa Barbara Luggage did a splendid job of repairing a client's purse, and I've always been happy to recommend their work.

Today I brought in my beloved tote bag and was told it could be repaired. I was so relieved! Apparently there is a backlog on repairs so I may need to wait a couple of weeks. I saw this as positive news: People are repairing and spiffing up what they already have instead of buying something new. 

Speaking of sensible spending habits, I learned that Santa Barbara Luggage has a consignment store within the shop. I noticed some very nice handbags and wallets as well as some beautiful, high-end men's shoes. Finding high-quality consignment for men is a challenge in this town. If more men ask for it though, I imagine it will catch on and even more great pieces will end up in consignment stores. Santa Barbara Luggage is located at 609 Chapala Street.




No comments: