Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Baby Steps



Nifty image above from stylespyblog.wordpress.com

While I was putting away my holiday things, I boxed up some to purge December year, when the thrift stores will be happy to accept my Christmas-themed decorations and train sets. (Why I have two train sets is a mystery.)

Naturally, this weeding out led to other projects, and I began to feel giddy but also a bit overwhelmed. So though January is an excellent time to think about editing your wardrobe, I advise you to take baby steps. Start with one drawer or shelf in your closet. Take everything out, and make a pile of items to keep, ones you are unsure of, and ones to donate or discard. Revisit the maybe pile in a week and make a decision!  I went through my workout clothes drawer and found some shirts could be demoted to rags, my sock orphans could be tossed, and a few tops that no longer fit could be donated. Tomorrow I am going to tackle another drawer, and by the end of the month, my entire wardrobe will be trimmed down. I know that will feel fantastic!

No comments: