Tuesday, January 27, 2015

An Edited List



Image credit: silverminegifts.com

Each day I receive an email from WhoWhatWear.com. Sometimes I immediately delete it, if I see the information it contains has little to do with my life or my Wardrobe Wisdom philosophy. And some days I glean very useful information. WWW's post regarding ways to "live a more stylish life" fell somewhere in between useful and useless. Still, its advice served as a template for a short list of my own on how to live a more stylish life:

1.  You know those clothes in your closet which will benefit greatly from an alterations wizard? Collect them now; put them in a bag; put them on the passenger seat of your car (reminding you that you have something important to take care of); and finally, take them to a tailor--this week!

2. Put your gym/tennis/running/or just plain chic Converse or Vans in one place. Then re-lace them so they fit you better and feel just right. This is a task I have not done since purchasing my gym shoes and my Converse sneakers. Duh! What a difference in comfort re-lacing can make!

3. Polish your jewelry. Most of my jewelry is silver, and it looks SO great when it is polished (something I do not do nearly enough). If you have children, or teen neighbors who can use some cash, pay them to polish your jewelry, after giving them a tutorial. Giving all of your jewelry a wipe with a clean cloth will make your pieces sparkle and shine.

4. Plan tomorrow's outfit. I like this advice though I rarely follow it. Most of the time I wait until my shower to decide what I want to wear, though I do think about wanting to wear a dress, skirt, or pants the night before. Outfit planning reduces stress and gives you more time to eat breakfast, exercise, or do your hair and makeup properly.

5. Work on your list of style goals. Yes! Even if you think you have no style goals, they are in you somewhere, rattling around, urging you to update your look, get rid of some clothes, or shop in different stores. Take just a few minutes to think about styles you really like, and which ones you would like to try. Write them down and refer to this list the next time you are shopping. This is a terrific exercise to do once a year.


No comments: