Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween







Now that Halloween has passed, I can release a huge sigh of relief. I've told you before about my aversion to costumes. This year I decided to be Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. I had most of the costume already in my wardrobe so it was a no-brainer. Then I realized that very few (if any) of the students at the junior high school where I work would recognize who I was. So instead of Audrey, I dressed up as a cat. This worked just fine for me. I wore a black turtleneck, skirt, and ballet flats. My daughter's cute sequined kitty ears headband and tail from when she was a cat for Halloween worked splendidly. Unlike me, my boss goes all out for Halloween and wore a magnificent Maleficent costume. While my getup could not hold a candle next to hers, I felt comfortable. And I re-learned something: wear an outfit that speaks to you and you will feel good (I love cats so wearing a cat costume made me happy). It's not much different from the advice I give for dressing everyday.

No comments: