Monday, October 13, 2014

Some New Books!



On Saturday I had fun at my favorite local bookstore, Chaucer's in Santa Barbara. Four books on my two favorite topics made their way home with me: Stacy London's The Truth about Style, How to Tie a Scarf 33 Styles  published by Potter Style, The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz, and SB cooking expert Pascale Beale's Spring cookbook.

I'd been wanting to purchase London's 2012 book since it was published. I loved watching her "What Not to Wear" show with Clinton Kelly, mostly agreeing with her style advice and her insistence that paying attention to one's appearance can affect one's life in deep ways. In her new book, London states her intentions: "My book doesn't only deal with how to dress well, and why you should, but it examines why you don't We all put obstacles in our own path toward personal style. If we understood why we constructed these practical and emotional obstacles, we might move beyond them to healthier, happier perceptions of ourselves and, ideally, a better sense of self-esteem." Bravo, Stacy!

I'll let you know how I'm finding the book as I read, and I am quite certain I will have some insightful Stacy quotes to share.

No comments: