Monday, January 27, 2014

A Little Math

I've written about closets reflecting our lifestyles in the past, but it's worth repeating at the start of a new year. Before I meet with a Wardrobe Wisdom client, I like them to give some thought to why she has contacted me and how I can best help her. I ask her to write down the percentages (roughly) of the time her life is spent in casual environments, business formal ones, business casual, etc. One of the goals I have is that by the end of our session together, her closet will reflect the time she spends in various modes. For example, I spend about 75% of my time in a school environment, where I like to look professional and approachable. Thus, 75% of my closet should contain this kind of clothing.

Do the numbers below, then take a look at your closet and see what you need more of and what you can probably get rid of.



________ % Business/Corporate

________ % Business Casual

________ % Smart Casual

________ % Leisure wear

________ % “Chore” wear

________ % Exercise clothes

________ % Evening/Special Occasion wear


No comments: