Monday, January 6, 2014

A Color I Love


Image Credit: Pantone Inc.


One year, not so long ago, Pantone Inc.'s annual color was Tangerine Tango. That was not a good year for me as this orange hue made me look like a cadaver.  But this year, "Radiant Orchid" is the chosen color, and I could not be happier. I love this quote from Pantone's executive director: "It's an invitation to innovation. The purple family offers (an) opportunity to do creative things." 

This color has been one of my favorites for many years, and now it is deemed the "it" color. I feel so validated! Although Pantone considers it "very flattering for many skin tones," it is a bold color and  some are not comfortable wearing the "purple family." Still, I like that this color goes well with so many others, including blue, gray, black, white, green, ivory, gold, and silver. 

If you are not a fan of this color, don't wear it. If it does not flatter your complexion but you do like it, consider some radiant orchid accessories or shoes.


No comments: