Sunday, August 4, 2013

Passing up a Bargain


We all like a bargain, right? So imagine the temptation to buy a pair of Prada ballet flats for only $88 at a consignment store in Santa Barbara. They were my size and super cute. But guess what? They were terribly stiff and pinched my bunion. Did they look fantastic? Yes! Was their designer status alluring? Yes!

But I asked myself if I would have liked them if they were a Payless shoe. And would I think they were so great if they were $200? Since I answered "no" to both questions, I walked out of the store empty handed. I dwelled on them for a few minutes, but then congratulated myself on my restraint. A deal is not truly a deal unless you will use/wear it.
Can you pass up a bargain? 

By the way, this lovely loaf of challah bread my younger daughter is holding was not a bargain. But it sure was worth it!

No comments: