Thursday, August 1, 2013

Inside Out

Photo Credit: Nordstrom

I often tell my clients that if they feel good on the inside, their clothing should reflect that happy spirit. You can clearly see this woman's joy from the Advanced Style blog. I also tell people that if they make an effort to dress better, they will start feeling more confident on the inside. I have witnessed this over and over in my Wardrobe Wisdom work.

We all have clothing (I hope!) that we feel great in. Today I wore a new pair of workout pants (above) to the gym. They were not my usual black crop ones, but a much wilder style than I am used to. Still, I felt very good in them and know that my workout was more energetic as a result of that feeling. I urge you to get rid of clothing that does not lift your spirits. If the thought of being left with just a few things in your closet scares you, try to remember that having a few terrific pieces is preferable to a closet full of mediocre garments that can bring you down.

No comments: