Saturday, November 17, 2012

Alternatives to Ballet Flats

In my Santa Barbara Wardrobe Wisdom work I often get questions about wearing ballet flats. Many women like the look of these classic flats but cannot find ones that are comfortable. Others like the concept of the shoe but not the look of them on their feet. What are some alternatives to ballet flats? This season there are several.

I like the oxfords that are showing up everywhere. They look terrific with slim legged pants, from wool to denim to corduroy. There are also pointy flats, which I talked about in a recent post. Another option is a loafer. This year they take the form of a slipper style or a moccasin style from the 1980's. I think once you try on some alternatives to ballet flats, you will find one that is just right for you.

The top two are from Madewell.com; the rest are from Nordstrom.com.












2 comments:

Mary Hershey said...

Trying to decide how i feel about the oxfords! Thanks for all these great options.

Lori Cooper said...

I was a bit reluctant to embrace the oxfords at first, Mary. But I've seen them worn with some cute outfits so I like them now. I'm not a huge fan of them worn with all menswear clothing though. I like a balance.