Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's Up?

Necklace from J.Crew


This hadn't happened to me in ages: I recently looked into my closet and saw very little I wanted to wear. Was it because most of my clothes were still not fitting well? Was I tired of what I have? Was I ready for spring clothes, with more color? Had my style changed, so nothing looked or felt like "me" anymore? Hmm.

Though I love my birthday, and have never shied away from stating my age (47, by the way), I see a lot of women my age who look frumpy in my eyes. I may be hypersensitive about looking matronly and put some of my clothes into that category right now.

So, I decided to begin weeding through everything I own, setting aside things that seem frumpy, and have told myself I will wear more of my fun accessories to spice up my wardrobe. Today I wore a red sundress and a terrific, modern necklace (similar to the one above) given to me by two good friends. I felt hip and chic.

Is it time to edit your wardrobe?

No comments: