Saturday, March 31, 2012

Meticulous




Sometimes the detail-oriented person in the group is a big pain in the neck. I recall the mom at a recent parent meeting who asked the teacher how much an upcoming project was worth, why it was 60% and not 70%, and then went into excruciating detail about her daughter's project timeline. The rest of us rolled our eyes and groaned. The coupon clipper in front of me in line at the grocery store, who wants to know if she will get her 15% off of Saran Wrap when it comes in, is also annoying to me.

However, sometimes I have nothing but respect and praise for such types. When we were having our kitchen remodeled, I loved that Kevin re-did some wiring because it stuck out from under a cabinet about a 1/16th of an inch. Being a stickler myself at times, I also appreciated the piano repair man who was not satisfied until he adjusted our keyboard just right.

Last week I accompanied a client to get some clothing tailored at Nordstrom. We were so fortunate to get expert tailor/fitter Joan Wilkin that day. She looked carefully at each garment, asking what needed to be done, and figuring out the best solutions. Joan went far beyond a typical fix, cleverly tucking here and pinning there. I would highly recommend Joan, for both Nordstrom and non-Nordstrom items. She is precise, meticulous, and a perfectionist, in the best possible way.

No comments: