Friday, September 23, 2011

I Like a Blouse


It's that time of year for stores and magazines to tell us what the "must haves" are this season. Hmm. I think I'll hold off on the super pointy shoes but I am liking all of the pretty blouses.

It took me awhile to figure out that I am not a button down shirt person. Such closet staples seemed like something I would wear all the time with skirts and pants. But I never did and finally realized why: crisp, button down shirts feel uncomfortable and confining on me.

Once I had this epiphany, I found it easy to get rid of these shirts and steered clear of them when I shopped. However, now I am seeing a lot of softer blouses and am re-thinking my shirt aversion. What I like about this year's blouses is the soft drape, nice feeling against my skin, a dressier, more put together look than a knit top, and the fact they don't need ironing!

Is there a style from the past that you've avoided and may want to revisit? It's worth thinking about why you have not worn certain looks and if it's time to give them another chance.

1 comment:

Calla Gold said...

Lori,
I so agree with you about feeling confined in the rank and file button down.
But I'm liking these new looks. Thanks to you I even know they exist!
My closet loves you,
Calla