Saturday, September 3, 2011

Accentuate the Positive




In my work with Wardrobe Wisdom clients, I have heard women complain about nearly every part of their bodies. Sometimes I feel I am in junior high school again with all this self-criticism, and I feel sad. We are so hard on ourselves!

The words below, taken from Diane Pemberton-Sikes' blog, are good reminders about looking at our selves in a positive light.

Instead of feeling down about any imperfections you feel you might have next time you look in the mirror, look for all the amazing features you have that you could be playing up.

What's great about you?

Your face? Your lips? Your hair?

How about your neck? Your back? Or your arms?

What about your waist, your wrists, or your ankles?

I hope you read these words and take them to heart until focusing on your attributes becomes a habit.

No comments: