Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jeaner?




Sure, I love jeans, but am I a "jeaner"? This is a term used in the denim industry to describe premium denim customers. Call me cheap, but I am not comfortable paying over $150 for a pair of jeans. True Religion is currently selling its popular Phantom jean for over $300. Guess how much it costs to make one pair of Phantom jeans? $50!

I will admit that my favorite pairs of jeans are considered premium. But I purchased all of them for around $50 at consignment stores. That means I could not follow my own Wardrobe Wisdom advice: Buy 2 pairs of jeans at once if they fit great and you can afford it. Consignment stores rarely carry identical jeans in one size.

Go here to read the article in the Wall Street Journal titled "How Jeans Can Cost $300." It is eye opening, to say the least.

(Yep, that is a big ball of jeans in the picture above.)

No comments: