Saturday, July 30, 2011

Giving Jewelry a New Life




I was touched by an email I received from a close friend about a piece in my recent newsletter.

Here it is:
Loved your newsletter as usual. I really liked the Italian piece, the bit about wearing your dressier accessories every day. I have this amazing ring that used to be my grandmothers. It's more of a cocktail ring than en every day ring. I vaguely have memories of her wearing it (mostly for church). Then, she gave it to my mother who wore it all the time. It's a large ring with a beautiful dark blue/aqua stone (nothing expensive) set in a white gold and yellow gold setting. It's an oval shape. It's been sitting in my mom's jewelry box since it was given to me after her death. The ring was in bad shape. The stone was very worn and the band broken. Back in May, I decided that I was going to wear that ring and took it to the jeweler. It took a month, but the stone was entirely re-cut, the mount rebuilt and the band fixed and sized. I LOVE this ring and wear it every day. The picture [above] doesn't do it justice. You'll see it when I see you next.

Anyway.. Inspiring blog!

Love, Heather

For those of you considering re-fashioning some jewelry, I highly, highly recommend you contact Calla Gold. She lives for such projects and does beautiful work!

No comments: