Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fun with Shoes




I just finished going over In-Style.com's recent list of "Ten Things Every Woman Must Own." These lists tend to baffle me, since they rarely take into account different women's style, body shape, or budget. So I read them with a grain of salt and advise you to do the same.

One of the things I took issue with is the list's inclusion of red flats. I do like red, but when I had red shoes a few years ago, they were rarely worn. While red flats may not be for me, having a colorful shoe (or two) is a must have.

I recently worked with a client to help her put outfits together and update her look. At one point she pulled a pair of neglected yellow strappy sandals from the back of her closet. Looking at them she said wistfully, "I've always loved these but never knew how to wear them." Before she knew it, we created several outfits that dazzled with that pop of shoe color.

Think of a color you love, and how shoes in that color can add interest to your current wardrobe. I have a pair of green suede slides that look great with a remarkable number of things. Pink, blue, orange, yellow--any bright color can rejuvenate your look. (The shoes pictured are from Bodenusa.com--a favorite site of mine).

No comments: