Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Time to Weed



Photo credit: howtostartagardeneasy.com

The first day of spring on March 21 is just around the corner and is an ideal time to go through your closet and do some weeding. Remove any garments that don't fit you currently, need tailoring to fit well, or are too worn out to wear in public (the latter can be discarded or demoted to gym or garden or dog walking activities).

I did this over the weekend and filled a bag with fall and winter (by Santa Barbara standards) clothing and shoes that I had not worn in 2 years. I plan to bring them to my cooking group on Friday night to see if my friends are interested in anything. If I had planned ahead, I could have suggested we set aside some time on Friday to do a real swap, where each person brings gently worn clothing, shoes, and accessories they no longer wear. Maybe we can do this next time. Weeding is liberating!


No comments: