Monday, December 14, 2015

Beauty



Photo credit: telegraph.co.uk

Dita Von Teese, today's "paragon of pinup style," has confused me. But I've always appreciated the care she takes to present herself as well-groomed and confident. Her new book, "Her Beauty Mark," just hit the shelves, and I read a bit about her views on beauty in Sunday's Los Angeles Times.

Here is my favorite part of the feature, when Von Teese is asked about her view that "beauty is duty":

"I look at it [beauty] as natural as brushing my teeth. And it doesn't have to talk a lot of time. I can narrow it down to a few little things, like having my lips on, and my hair pulled back in a neat chignon. I choose little things that make me feel better and give me confidence."

What are the "little things" that you regularly do to make you feel your best? These "little things" can make the difference between us having so-so and terrific days.

No comments: