Monday, March 23, 2015

Clogs?



Photo credit: James Hamilton

When I was pregnant, I loved wearing clogs.While I may not have considered them the most fashionable shoes I could sport,  they felt heavenly as my girth increased. I liked reading about the Clogmaster, Cecilia Tidlund, in Sunday's Los Angeles Times.

She has been spreading the "clog gospel" for over 32 years, and custom fits each pair of shoes she sells to clog devotees. When she moved from Los Angeles to Portland, Oregon, Tidlund's fans had to "make do with reaching her by phone or email and waiting for the two yearly visits she promised them."

I may not be ready to purchase a pair of Tidlund's clogs--especially since I have not been able to find their price anywhere--but I admire her work ethic and insistence on a precise fit.

No comments: