Thursday, February 14, 2013

Getting a Deal




I read with great interest this article about the psychology behind shopping clearance sales  Are you a sale shopper? We all like to get a bargain, but if it is not something you really love, will wear, and that goes with your lifestyle and other things in your wardrobe, you are wasting your money.  In my Wardrobe Wisdom work, I  have seen closets filled with sale items, but nothing goes together and my client cannot figure out what to wear. This article gives helpful advice on how not to fall prey to clearance sales but instead how to make thoughtful purchases. 

Above is an example of what appears to be a bargains (10 pounds of carrots for under $5).  However, they were not such a great deal. though they were high quality and were priced well. Since my family is comprised of 4 people, not 50, these carrots went bad before they were eaten. One can only eat so many before turning orange.  I realize food and clothing are not the same thing, but you get my point. 

No comments: