Thursday, January 3, 2013

Let's Get Serious about Jeans

Photo credit: Levi's website

A friend sent me this remarkable post in which a woman tries on various Old Navy and Gap jeans, painstakingly comparing them with other brands to see which fit the best. I recommend you read the entire piece and carefully peruse the great accompanying photos. I appreciate her pointing out why they look good or not, though I don't agree with her assessment of the Long and Lean style. I thought they looked alright and not Mom-jeany at all on her.

Is it time for a new pair of jeans? I had great luck at the Levi's store in Santa Barbara recently. And I have purchased some fabulous fitting designer jeans at a number of consignment stores (Renaissance, Lola, and The Closet). I love denim but cannot justify spending $200 on a pair of jeans.  Still, I don't think the denim in Old Navy and the Gap jeans wears well.

No comments: