Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Resourceful Amy




My friend Amy is so smart. She is a marine biologist; she is an incredible cook; she is an excellent writer. Amy is also incredibly resourceful.

She recently regaled my family with a story that made me laugh so hard I cried. We were having a delicious picnic lunch (see photo) when her husband kindly informed me (as a true friend will do) that I had a piece of salami fat in between my teeth. I immediately headed for the bathroom and got it out. This reminded Amy of her recent food-in-the-teeth experience.

She was having dinner with friends when she felt a piece of salami fat wedged between her two front teeth. Not having any dental floss on hand, she excused herself and headed for the restroom. Since she had no luck removing the food with her fingernail, she became resourceful. Amy removed an earring, and used its pointy post like a toothpick. She dislodged the fat, wiped off the earring, put it back in, and happily headed back to the dinner table. Now that brings a whole new meaning to Wardrobe Wisdom.

No comments: