Saturday, July 25, 2009

White House/Black Market


When my friend Loren started working at the White House/Black Market in Paseo Nuevo Mall, in Santa Barbara, I dropped in more frequently. I was always impressed with the good quality of the clothing and the helpful saleswomen. On July 23rd I invited my Wardrobe Wisdom clients to an evening of shopping, refreshments, and a talk about wardrobe basics at the store. We had a swell night!

Most of the questions I fielded had to do with accessorizing. I talked about how such things as scarves and an interesting necklace can finish an outfit, making it look pulled-together and chic. I was happy to find some simple yet unusual silver hoop earrings that would go with any outfit. I was also taken with some fun patent leather, crocodile embossed wallets.

Of course, what I liked most was a darling denim jacket (above) that fit me perfectly. I am such a sucker for denim. But, taking my own wisdom to heart, I left it at the store since I already own two denim jackets. Such restraint!

No comments: